Jackson's favorites seem to be constantly changing but here are his favorites at this moment in time.
Toys: I'd say his favorite toy right now is anything we didn't buy him. He loves the packages from his fruit gummies. We cannot throw the little bag away once he has eaten them. I'd guess we have about 5 of them throughout the house. He'll go through his toybox and pull all the toys out, tossing them over his shoulder until he finds one of these little bags. Then he'll carry it around forever! He also loves his new Adirondak chair that Melody and Lilly gave him for his birthday. He's just figuring out how to sit down in a chair on his own, so he'll see the chair, turn around, and start backing up until his little bum in the chair, lol! It's pretty cute to watch. Other than these things he just loves to carry things around and put things inside of other things.
Books: At this point he doesn't really like books! Geesh, he's got a million books and I love kids books, but all he likes to do with them is pull them off the shelves and scatter them around the room. I think his favorite one (as in, the only one he'll actually look through) is 'I am a Bunny' by Richard Scarry. He'll flip through this one time and time again, but if I even think of reading it to him it gets tossed away!
Food: Here's a shocker, Jackson loves most food, lol! His favorites right now are plums, banana, nectarines, blueberries, fruit gummies, Gerber Lil' Crunchies (like healthier cheezies), ham and any kind of cheese product (especially cottage cheese). Once he has had a taste of something that he really likes he becomes obsessed with them and gets really mad if you try to take it away from him!
Music: Jackson and I are taking a music class right now and he loves it! I think he mostly loves that there are other kids his age there that he can watch and play with. But whenever we sing Roly Poly he dances (looks like marching in the spot) and gets super excited! Then when the song is over he claps and shouts. The entire class cracks up at him. He also really likes any song that involves bouncing him roughly on your knee. At night I sing him 3 songs (if he'll let me, usually he just lunges for his bed, lol). The three songs are Douglas Mountain, Mr.Moon, and Boom Boom Ain't it Great to be Jackson. This last song was what got us through many rough times with Jackson. It would always instantly calm him and usually put him to sleep. I don't think I could ever forget the words to that song.
Things to do: Jackson likes going to the park. He likes the swing and the slide, but mostly he just likes to run around the playground exploring everything and trying to eat rocks, sticks, leaves, etc. His most favorite thing to do is go to the beach tho. He loves being in the water. Even if the water seems frigid he'll want to go right in and not get out, not so much fun for Mommy and Daddy!!
Those are his favorites right now. I'm sure they'll have changed by the time he wakes up from his nap tho!
No comments:
Post a Comment