Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Teething hell

Children should be born with all their teeth. I would happily put up with the biting while nursing if it meant that I didn't have to deal with my child being in pain whenever he was getting a new tooth.

Right now Jackson has all 8 of his front teeth and is working on his 4 molars. Both the top molars have poked through in the last week and the bottom two are just big lumps about to poke through. He is miserable! Plus to top it off right now he has a cold, or at least we think it's a cold but it might just be from teething. So the last week or so he has not been sleeping well at all. Last night he was up at 10:30pm crying. Then again at 2am. After that he slept but kept grumbling and crying randomly until I finally got him up at 6am. At that point I brought him into our room and he sat on the bed watching me cry (I was just so frustrated and tired, the pregnancy fatigue has kicked in these past 2 weeks).

I read somewhere once that if adults went through the pain of teething we would go insane from the pain. I really hope that isn't true. To think that Jackson is in that kind of pain breaks my heart. We are giving him Advil and it seems to help, but I just can't wait for this round of teething to be over.

No comments: