Thursday, May 13, 2010

Water + laptop = falling off the face of the earth

So apparently my laptop keyboard is not waterproof. Whoda thunk it! A few weeks ago I was having issues with my computer and then it just crashed. Brian and I were trying to get it to start up again and I ended up knocking over a full glass of water on the keyboard (it's a laptop). The next day we brought it to our computer guru and he got it started fine but the g key does not work at all. Do you know how annoying it is to have a perfectly functioning computer but not have one letter? My vocabulary has increased dramatically though as I have been trying to find words to substitute for words that have a blasted g in them! Then last night Brian gave me a teeny tiny little wireless keyboard. It works great! I can even rest it over top of my laptop keyboard! Almost as good as new. Almost.

Speaking of knocking water over. Let me tell you about my Mother's day fiasco. We went out to our local breakfast place on Mother's Day. It was super busy but we got a table in the corner. That sounds like it is nice and secluded but at this restaurant that means that you are right in the busiest part (it's shaped like an L so the 'corner' is actually right in the middle of the place). Right before our food came I knocked over a full glass of ice water. It went sailing across the table and all ended up on Lexi. Man oh man did she ever scream! Poor thing! It probably did not help matters that Brian and I both were reduced to hyserics over it. Brian took her out to the van to change her while I stayed with Jackson and mopped up the water off the table, the high chair, my diaper bag and the seats. All while being stared at and talked about by our fellow diners. Fantastic. Then when Brian brought her back in she was all wrapped up like a burrito in a blanket. Apparently mom of the year here forgot to put a change of clothes in the van for her. So she spent the rest of the meal wrapped up in her carseat. When they came back in I heard two other tables make comments about how the poor baby needed an entire outfit change. LOL! Ah well.

And now some photos!

Did you all know I have a full fledged BOY now? He is not a baby anymore. Not even a toddler. He is a boy and he can do it himself now, thank you very much. No matter what it is, he can do it himself! Or so we are told on a regular basis.

That extends to making his own lunch.


And apparently peanut butter sandwiches taste better when he makes them!

We've also started Jackson in floor hockey. I have to say it is one of the most frustrating and hilarious things all at the same time. The class is for 3-5 year olds and Jackson is the youngest one by quite a few months (he turns three a few days before the last class so he was allowed to join).


I really think I should have waited another year before signing him up for it. He just does not get it and is SOOO far from being able to follow any kind of direction. He spends the majority of the class just running around, picking up all the strategically placed pylons, or trying to gather all the balls.

One of these things is not like the other...

Oh no! A door is open. Must close the door! Notice the pylons there? After he got the door closed he proceeded to pick up the pylons. So helpful.

Notice how there are no other kids anywhere near Jackson? That's because they are all on the other end of the arena actually doing what they are supposed to. That's my boy!

I think the funniest day was when they were playing outside instead. Normally it is held in the arena but two weeks ago the arena was being used for a home show so we were in the little grassy area instead. One of the instructors was in charge of Jackson's group and was trying to get them to play a game of soccer. The group was divided up into two teams. On Jackson's team was his buddy Sakima (also not really getting the floor hockey concept) and two more of the younger kids. So Ty (the instructor) was trying to get this team to pick a team name and trying to tell them the basics of the game. But instead it went like this:

Jackson: ararahhhareerreha (while running around like a fool)
Ty: Jackson, come here. Jackson... JACKSON!
Third kid: Watch this! (pulls on the soccer goal)
Fourth kid: Cool! (also pulls on the goal)
Ty: Stop that. Just leave the net alone.
Ty: Jackson! Come here!
Third and fourth kid: (still pulling on the goal)
Ty: Guys, just leave the net alone... Jackson!
Sakima: (reaches over to Ty and grabs his whistle and blows it).
Ty: Oh, forget it! (throws the soccer ball away).

Man, did he ever give it a good try though! I still laugh every time I think about it.

Sometimes they do all sort of get the concept. Sort of.

And some random photos of Lexi.

I bought her this hat a few weeks ago. So cute!

For being a teeny tiny little thing she certainly does love her food! We started giving her biscuits a while ago and she loves them! Makes quite a mess, but it gives us at least 10 minutes to finish our meals.

Seven months old now!

Taking her monthly photos is getting more difficult because she tries to launch herself out of the chair now. That and she tries to eat her elephant.

All in all things are about the same over here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the photos and update Rae. I love the "one of these things is not like the others". CUTE!