Thursday, July 8, 2010

Long overdue photos

I finally transferred the photos from my camera onto my computer. So here are a bunch of random photos (mostly of Lexi, Jackson is being a camera snob lately).

Here's the story behind this one... I was in the kitchen with Lexi and she was jumping away happy as a clam in her jumper. Jackson came into the room and I suddenly caught a wiff of poop. I asked him if he was poopy and he said no, but that Lexi was. I knew she had just finished pooping and was about to change her too, so I told him that I knew she was, but was he too? He looked at her again and told me "no, Mommy, Lexi's feet poopy!". I looked over and sure enough, she was happily sliping and sliding in a little pile of her poop. Naturally I had to take a photo before I cleaned the mess, lol! For all you who are done having more children this photo should be proof positive that you made the right decision!

We are trying to let Lexi feed herself more and more now. We didn't do this very much with Jackson and we now wonder if that is part of the reason for his extreme fussiness / picky eating. I have to say, I am WAY out of my comfort level when I just give her the whole bowl of pureed foods, but she is getting pretty good about eating most of it before she tosses the bowl across the room. And she just loves getting right up to her elbows in her food.

Just one word needed for this photo.... EYELASHES!! Wow! We always thought that because Jackson has such long eyelashes then any girl we have would most likely not have any at all. Isn't that how it normally works? But nope! Lexi has pretty amazing eyelashes too.


And guess who is now 9 months! She was so unbelievably happy the day I took these photos. Sat nicely in the chair and hammed it up for the camera. Nine months already, that is just crazy.

Like her dress? I wanted to make her some dresses for a while but have never been able to figure out how to follow a pattern. My mom was visiting so we made this one afternoon. So cute!

Really, look at how happy she is! Such a sweetie.


Mmmmm... Watermelon! Lexi discovered that she LOVES watermellon. Pink part, white part, green part, she doesn't care, lol!

This was one time that I asked Jackson to give Lexi some more puffs. Helpful isn't he? He just turned the whole container upside down on her tray. I don't think Lexi minded one bit!

Both kids like to hang out and play in Lexi's crib. They'll just sit in there for quite a while playing and 'talking'. I snuck up on them one morning and took a short video and then a couple photos. Cute little moment of sibling love.

Do you think she enjoyed her first time in a swing?

That's all the photos I have time to put on here. Lexi is now awake and squirming around beside me wanting to play and Jackson is pretending (not very well) to have a rest in his room. Hope you enjoyed the photos!

3 comments:

ajb said...

Awesome pictures. Lexi is adorable. And you're right about the poop pic, proof positive.

Judy Wigmore said...

Lexi is soooooo cute! I envy Jill and co. coming to see you guys. Maybe I'll see you in Sept.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see a photo of Jackson on the Loo. JUST kidding! ...sarah