Just a quick hello!
It seems like we've been super busy all summer and I haven't had time to respond to emails let alone post on this blog! I've been taking lots of cute photos but just haven't sat down and organized them properly to post them. Bad blogger!
The kids are doing pretty well. They are both getting so big that I can't even believe it!
Jackson starts preschool in September. Just under a month from now (September 14th). He'll be going on Tuesday and Thursday mornings to a preschool in the same building that we go to for playgroups. I am both looking forward to it and dreading it all at the same time. He still has a rough time being away from me and I worry that he'll spend the majority of his mornings there just crying. Only time will tell I suppose. My hope is that he'll have so much fun playing with all the new toys and the new kids that he'll love going. They also have an awesome outdoor area, so I know that will entice him.
Lexi is almost 11 months now! How the hell did that happen? She's starting to really show her personality now. She has perfected the art of shaking her head in a very determined (somewhat snotty) NO! It's great because she is able to communicate, but also annoying because she does it over everything. She has a cold right now so every time I go to wipe her nose I get the frantic shaking of her head, which just causes the snot to be smeared all over her pretty little face! She's also just figured out how to blow kisses. It's the cutest thing. She sticks out her tongue, then sucks in her lip and makes a smacking noise. Very sweet. She has also learned how to clap and is starting to get the idea of waving (right now it's more of a Heil Hitler gesture, but we're working on it). But by and large her favorite two things right now are to imitate everything her brother does (which Jackson loves because there is nothing that boy loves more than to have an audience!), and to dance. She thinks she's a big girl and wants to pull up to stand all the time, but then she hears a tune and started bopping up and down which just causes her to fall over. Cute, but dangerous, lol! And let me tell you, that girl's got rhythm!
This summer has seen a lot of company visiting us, some for a week or longer, and some for only a couple hours. We had my cousin (Jill) come stay with us for one night with her husband and kids. Jackson LOVED playing with his cousins and I LOVED chatting with mine. We wished they could have stayed longer, but maybe next time. Then Brian's cousin (Adam) came to visit with his wife, their new baby, and his mother-in-law. We loved visiting with them and getting to know baby Oliver. Then my aunt (Kd), uncle (Jerry) and Nana came to visit. That was a fun visit! We did some touristy things that we had never done before (horse and carriage ride) and just had a nice time visiting. Now Brian's parents and Nana are visiting and we just got back from a camping trip with them. So much fun!!
And in the midst of all of this visiting, busyness, and fun we've also tackled potty training full force! I have to say, I love it and hate it! I love it because Jackson has been doing such an awesome job. Most days he's in the same pair of underwear all day! I hate it because we have to bring his little potty with us everywhere! It's a long drive in from Sooke to Langford and we do the drive at least 4 times a week! But I'll gladly lug a potty around with me if it means he's out of diapers now! I'm very proud of how well he has been doing. I thought it was going to be a hellish job, but he's amazed me right from day one!
Well, I guess since I started the last post on Lexi's poop it's only fair that I end this one on Jackson's potty training. At least there are no pictures of this one, lol (better, Sarah?).
I promise to update with photos soon(ish).
1 comment:
Thanks for the update Rae! ...of course you had to sneak a bit of poop news in there! :-) ...Sarah
Post a Comment