There aren't many good photos of her by herself, just standing there doing the birthday shot because now when she sees the camera she usually turns tail and runs, yelling 'NO' the whole time.
Lexi is now 2 years old! Can you believe it? TWO?!?! Honestly tho, she seems more like a 3 year old. Whenever she is around other kids her age I am amazed at how much bigger she is than them, how much more vocal she is, how much more.... dramatic she is. She really is a little spitfire. That is just a perfect word to describe her. But she's my little spitfire and I wouldn't change anything about her.
(aside: as I wrote this Jackson was playing with one of Lexi's toys and she started yelling 'no' at him and then walked over and smacked him hard on the top of his head... yeah, spitfire.)Here are some pictures from her party:
The spread. It was a very relaxed party, more of a playdate with cake, decorations and presents. There was just chips, dip, fruit, veggies, cookies and juice. But, of course, it had to still look pretty!
Ummm, yeah. she loves Dora and nearly lost her mind when she saw all the Dora balloons. Really, we could have just skipped all the presents and just given her this balloon. I, personally, find it quite creepy...
We invited 5 families, so there were 18 people total at the party (7 adults, 10 kids and 1 baby). We were a bit worried that it would be pandemonium in our house, but it seemed okay. I think everyone had a lot of fun. I know I did.
I'm pretty sure the kids pulled out every toy we own at one point or another!
Cute, no? I saw this recipe for cupcakes that you bake right in the ice cream cones and knew they would be perfect for Lexi's party. She is all about ice cream cones. She pretends that everything is an ice cream cone. My favorite is when she takes the liner out of her shoe and scrumples it up and licks it pretending it's an ice cream cone. ::gag::
The day before the party Sarah warned me that she had tried to make these cupcakes before and they did not turn out well, so I decided to do a test. I made a batch of cupcakes and two ice cream cone ones. That way Brian and I could try the cone ones and I'd have a backup batch of cupcakes in case I needed them tomorrow. The cones turned out perfectly so on Sunday I went ahead with them. Only, I got a bit overconfident. The day before I had filled them about 2/3 full, like the recipe said. The day of the party I filled them quite a bit more than that. Yeah. They spilled over big time! But they were cooked through and the frosting hid a bit of the imperfections. I think they turned out pretty cute. Most of the kids just licked the frosting off and then threw out the 'stumps'. As I figured they would!
Lexi was freaked out by the candles and wanted nothing to do with blowing them out. Just flat out refused. So Jackson and Sakima helped her.
She had no issues with the cupcake tho! She was happy to finally be allowed to have one of the "i keems" she had been lusting over all afternoon.
Mmmmmm....
Seriously, does this baby not just make you want to have another one?? No?? Is that just me?? Really? Well, that explains Brian's reaction... This baby is Madison and her mom is Elaine. The other 2 kids in the photo are her other kids who are almost the exact same ages as Jackson and Lexi. Very sweet family.
I think everyone enjoyed the cupcakes. And again, there's creepy Dora... why is her head so freaking big? Try turning all the lights off in the house at night and stumbling across that monstrosity on your way to bed. Trust me, it's scary.
Everyone now... Awww!! "Where did you get that adorable back pack" you ask? Well, I whipped it up the night before the party. That's right, I'm crafty like that. Now if only she would actually like the dang thing! She tried it on when she first got it and now yells at me any time I ask her to put it on. Spitfire? Yep.
Think she likes her new Dora backpack/suitcase from Nana and grandad? Jackson has one like this (Cars) and he loves it. They constantly pack it up to go to "Ontario" so naturally she had to have her own!
Jackson got her this ice cream play set (4 kinds of ice cream that attach to 2 cones with magnets, an ice cream bucket and two scoops). As soon as she opened it she hugged it with a huge smile on her face. Very cute.
So you'd think this Barbie car would be awesome for her. It comes with a barbie and the seat belts do up and the doors open, etc. You'd think she'd love it, wouldn't you? Well, we don't know yet. Jackson barely gives her a chance to play with it.
Brian wanted to get her something that would be a keepsake sort of thing. He decided on this really pretty, simple locket. She loves it! As soon as he put it on her she ran to find me to show me her 'new neckese'. Very sweet.It was a good day. Everyone had fun, the cake was easy, the presents were not extravagant but were perfect for her, and it was stressfree and relaxing for everyone!
So Happy Birthday Baby-girl. I hope you had a fantastic 2nd birthday. I love who you are and who you are becoming. I wouldn't change a thing about you. Even if you are a spitfire.
1 comment:
Thanks for the photos! I am glad the cones worked out for you. Lexi sure does look like you did when you were little, sounds like she has your personality too! Hee hee. ...Sarah
Post a Comment