We are now in Alberta. Slowly we are getting settled. It is very slow going to unpack and organize a house when one adult is working long hours away from home and the other one is 5 1/2 months pregnant and chasing after two young kids! But our house is finally starting to feel like a home...
The kids seem to like it here. We get together with Brian's cousin's wife and her two kids often (Charlene, Oliver and Isabella). The kids are funny to watch play together. Jackson adores both Oliver and Isabella. He enjoys having a boy cousin to wrestle with (even though Oliver is 3 years younger than him) and they play very 'boy' together. He is very sweet with Isabella (almost 4 months old) and loves to hold her and sing to her. Lexi and Oliver have an interesting relationship. Oliver realized fairly quickly that he could torment Lexi with great effect, but then he is also very quick to comfort and kiss her. She isn't too sure how to react to this new 'little brother' figure, lol! She loves having Isabella around. Mostly because she loves all the baby equipment that comes with her. Perfect for monkey!
Jackson misses his friends quite often. Every day it's a new friend that he misses the most, or that he wants to call on the phone. Today he asked me to pack up all of our stuff and move back to our old house. Dream on! I think he'll like it here a lot, he just needs to make some friends. I'm trying to work on that, but having a hard time finding any sort of playgroup that isn't first thing in the morning! We are still on some form of BC/Vacation time zone.
Lexi seems to like it here. Right before we moved we discovered that she doesn't have hypothyroidism (her medication was too high and she was showing levels of hyperthyroidism!). So we took her off her medication. So now we are dealing with all of that in addition to adapting to the move.
Brian's job is going well so far. He leaves the house at 6am and gets home around 6pm. Makes for a long day, but he seems to enjoy it. It's really nice having him home every night again.
Peanut is doing well. I had an ultrasound last week and the baby was lying in a strange position (up around my belly button with his/her legs crossed and feet up in front of it's face, lol). So I have to go back this afternoon so that they can get the rest of the images that they couldn't get last week. Let's hope for an active baby today! If only coffee didn't make me nauseous still!
I like Airdrie. Much more than I thought I would. I love this house and the open layout that it is. I love that the kids can just go outside and play without me. I love having family here. Basically, so far, it's a really good fit for us. Just don't tell Brian I said all of this...
1 comment:
Your still in the blogging world!!! I am happy you guys are settling in so well. Keep the posts coming. ...Sarah
Post a Comment