Monday, June 25, 2012

Pinterest


I am obsessed with Pinterest. I think I neglect my kids way too much in order to browse on this site and pin things that I'm going to do with, or for, the kids. But I am neglecting them with the best intentions. "No kids, I cannot play with you, I'm looking for fun things for us to do". Now I just have to start doing some of these activities, lol!

So I think I'm going to do what another blog I read did. Every week she chose one thing on Pinterest to attempt. She blogged about it and told whether it was a Pinterest success or fail. I liked that. It was neat to see another person's attempt. Plus, a lot of the ones she did were activities I'd seen on there that I wondered if they would actually work. My plan is to do one craft or activity and one recipe every week.

This week I am going to do this recipe (drool):
crescent rolls, put a scoop of Nutella in each one. Roll it up and roll it in cinnamon and sugar and then bake according to the package.
Nutella Crescent Puff Thingies (I can't find an actual name)

And this (yep, two this week because they are easy):
Chocolate-Banana “Ice Cream”  Freeze a banana, then combine with 2 tbsp cocoa powder and blend until smooth and creamy. Dairy-free.
Chocolate Banana Ice cream (just frozen bananas and cocoa powder)

As for the craft or activity, I think I'm going to do this:
water bottle + wash rag + rubber band = Bubble Snake Maker
Giant Bubble Maker

I might do more crafts or activities than this because I have tons pinned, but we are also having company for the next few weeks (yay!!)

I also want to do this in the house:
Dry erase calendar
I already bought the frame from Walmart. I want to include any activities and our menu for the week.

 Anyone else obsessed with Pinterest?

No comments: