First up I tried to make the 'super easy' Chocolate Banana Ice cream. Mmmm hmmm... Did not go well at all! I think part of the problem was that our freezer is just too effective. We haven't discovered the correct settings for it yet, so the bananas were rock solid. I tried to let them sit out for a bit, but let's face it... we are not that patient. So I nuked them a tiny bit. The instructions were simple: " Freeze a banana, then combine with 2 tbsp cocoa powder and blend until smooth and creamy." Simple right? Let's see what all went wrong.
1. Bananas were too frozen. Actually they were hard as rock.
2. I had to nuke them to soften them up, and even then I only microwaved them for about 20 seconds.
3. I think my bananas were too small for the amount of cocoa powder because the final result was WAY too dark and chocolatey.
4. Blender would not properly mix it all up. First the bananas were too hard, then there was too much cocoa powder and it wouldn't mix.
5. Final result was not ice cream consistency at all. It was runny, lukewarm, and almost bitter from the cocoa powder.
6. It was not a fun mother/child experience. I was frustrated and annoyed at how this 'simple' recipe was BS.
7. Jackson took one lick of his spoon and declared he "does not like it, not at all!". Lexi said "my like it" but then proceeded to not eat a drop of it.
Basically Jackson is saying "yuck, this swill is what I was waiting for??" and Lexi is saying "I'll give it a try!" Also notice in the picture the hat on Jackson's chair? He picked it out after Halloween at Walmart. He loves it and wears it around the house a lot. I call it his PimpDaddy hat. He thinks it's a cowboy hat. He hasn't been in Alberta nearly long enough!
I think I will try to make the 'ice cream' again, but I researched it a bit more and it says to cut up the bananas into coins before you freeze it. And I'm going to freeze them in our big freezer because it has a 'soft freeze' area. And put less cocoa in it. And maybe a bit of cream/milk. And not hope for much. I doubt I can get Jackson to try it again tho!
The second one I did was the Weekly frame. I think it turned out better than the example I used. We'll see how much we use it. Now I just have to find the box that has the dry erase markers in it! I like that the "Our Week" frame has paper we used for our wedding (the dragonfly velum). And I tried to make Sunday and Saturday a little more lively and fun than the boring ole weekdays.
Turned out okay, don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment