Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm on a roll!

In the past week I've made 3 more recipes from Pinterest and one kids craft (type thing). And ALL of them were successes!!!

First I made this one:



Frozen fruit, cake mix, and a can of soda= instant cobbler
 from Pinterest (only uses frozen berries, box of white cake mix and a can of pop)

It turned out like this:

I really should have read the full instructions first, or at least checked to make sure I had all the ingredients. I'm sure it would be better made correctly, but nonetheless it was delicious!! I didn't have enough pop to cover all the cake mix, so it was powdery in areas, but it was still really tasty.


Next day I made this:
Bubble Up Enchilada. Mmmm, looks good!
Bubble up Enchiladas (ground turkey, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, refrigerated biscuits and shredded cheese)

Mine looked like this:

I used ground beef instead of turkey. We also could not find enchilada sauce (trust me, we searched) so we used pizza sauce and more tomato sauce. In the end ours were Italian Bubble ups. The biscuits were delicious in it! Jackson's comment summed it up: "I looked at it and it didn't look too bad, so I tried it. And I liked it! I want to have it every night!" Each kid ate almost their entire plate of it (which was impressive because I served them an unrealistic amount, or so I thought).

For dessert that night we had these tasty little morsels:
crescent rolls, put a scoop of Nutella in each one. Roll it up and roll it in cinnamon and sugar and then bake according to the package.

I couldn't find the actual recipe for these and could not figure out how they made pretty little pockets of them. It is simply refrigerated crescent rolls with a dollop of Nutella in the middle.

This is how ours turned out:

Creative looking, but holy moly! They were good!! Jackson probably would have bitten someone to get the last one. 
They were very very good. Dangerously easy to make and tasty.

Last night, being Canada Day, I had the opportunity to try out the sparkler shield. I saw this on Pinterest a little while ago and the comment from the poster made me laugh. She said "Sparkler Shield... In case you have whiners like my kids. ;)". Ha!! That sums it up. Last night we went for a BBQ at Adam and Charlene's. There were 4 kids that were doing sparklers; a 5 year old, almost 3 year old and two newly 2 year olds. The sparkler shields worked pretty well! All the kids loved the sparklers.
Lexi liked them but really didn't move around much.

 Jackson was worried the cup was going to burn, lol!

Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest?

No comments: