Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sweet glorious heartbeat

Is this not the best sound you have ever heard? I took a 'video' of Thumper's heartbeat today. I say 'video' because it's just a black screen with the sound. There was no way I was showing off my big ole pregnant belly for all to see but I wanted to be able to share the wonderful sound of Thumper's heart beating away.

Some of the static noises that you hear are either me moving the doppler wand to get a better angle or Thumper kicking, punching or rolling. She was super active the whole time I was trying to record this. The first video I took was full of rolls, kicks and punches. I didn't get a good sound of the heartbeat until the end. So then I restarted and got this one.



I was just telling some friends yesterday that Thumper is a very obedient baby so far. Every time I get the doppler out she immediately moves so that her back is on the right side of my belly. That way I can find her heart beat within minutes. Apparently she heard me and decided to prove me wrong. Since I said that she now is always laying with her back on the left side of my belly! Little bum! But she always lets me hear her loud and clear for a few moments. She usually also picks that time to give me quite a few kicks, rolls and punches!

No comments: