At 8:26pm on Friday September 25th Brian and I heard the most beautiful sound that we had been waiting to hear. Alexandra Simone made her entrance into the world with a squak and a cry. She was 6 pounds 13 ounces and 20" long. She's got a full head of dark hair and people say she looks like Jackson.
She was born via c-section since she flipped to a footling breech position while I was in the hospital being induced. The surgery went well and the recovery is coming along.
We were in the hospital for a week since Lexi had jaundice issues. Turns out I do have some sort of ABO antibodies so all of our kids will have jaundice issues. Lexi's levels weren't as high as Jackson's were, but that's also because Brian and I demanded she be tested right away and then treatment started before the levels had a chance to get high. She only had to spend one night in the Special Care Nursery and other than that she was in my room with the isolette and light therapy. She goes for another bili test today that will tell us how her levels are now. If they are higher than they were 2 days ago then she might have to be readmitted to the hospital for more light therapy. But we are hopeful that they have come down and she'll be done with all the bili tests and blue lights!
Jackson is adjusting fantastically to having a baby sister. He can't say 'Lexi' so he calls her 'baby'. If we ask him what the baby's name is he replies with 'Baby sis'. When he does attempt to say Lexi it comes out sounding like 'Lehkah', which is the exact same word he uses for 'yucky'. So for now we'll stick with baby, lol! He wants to hold her all the time and does a really good job when we let him! He just sits perfectly still and ocassionally kisses her head or tries to hold her hand. He also is sure to tell us every time the baby is crying. It's such a joy to watch them together, I'm looking forward to watching them grow up together.
Lexi is a good baby. She is just now starting to come out of the sleepy lethargy that comes with jaundice. She prefers to be held, especially at night, and just snuggles into you. She doesn't cry too much, usually just a squak to let you know she's unimpressed and then she'll stop and wait for you to fix whatever is wrong. Unless you are changing her diaper, then she'll scream until the new diaper is firmly on.
So life here is adjusting nicely. Our new little family of four (+1).
4 comments:
Lovely photos! Gorgeous girl! (Cute big brother, too.) I can't wait to meet her. Am hopefully coming over next month.
Love to all,
Judy
Fabulous photos .. lovin' all the smiles .. see I told you Jackson would be in High School by the time I get to meet him!! LOL!! Sending lots of love and smiles to you all and hope to see you sometime soon lots of love Gabby, Garrod and Shaboo xxx ; )
Hello Rachel..I hope you don't mind that I peeked at your Blog Page (I never Peek at Anyones Blog) But I was very Curious to see your new addition..What a Lovely babe you have ..Perhaps one day if its okay with You, I can meet her? I hear you were curious, to know if I was Prgnant, well thats what Tania said LOL..And yes we're 8 weeks pregnant and Scared..I borrowed one of your Books from the Group..Called " An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination" and to be quite honest it was Extremely Good..If you'd feel up to it, and if you wouldn't mind letting me Borrow any more Books, its my Therapy right now..And if you could give me some Pointers on how to Cope with Pregnancy after the loss of a Child..I would be Most open to it..Thank You Your friend Amber
Oh Rae! She's gorgeous! I love how Jackson treats her. How sweet is he?! I am so happy for you all. I hope your recovery is going well. Jackson and Benjamin sure have a beautiful little sister. And Mama! Take care of yourself. God Bless your whole sweet family.
Post a Comment