Friday, August 29, 2008

Update on Daisy!

I didn't post last week about my follow up ultrasound. We had an ultrasound when I was one day shy of 18 weeks pregnant (for those of you like Brian who that means nothing to, that would be about 4 1/2 months pregnant). Because I was a bit earlier than they would have liked they couldn't get all the shots of the heart that they needed. So my midwife told me I could decide whether I wanted to go for another ultrasound or not. Ummm..... of course I want to!!

So I went for one last Tuesday (or was it the Tuesday before?). Anyways, it was a fantastic appointment. The ultrasound technician was amazing! She was supposed to just be showing me the views of the heart but she told me that when she does an ultrasound, no matter what it's for, she likes to do a thorough one. She showed me everything! I got to see Daisy's spine, heart, stomach, feet, hands, eyeball, nostrils, mouth, legs. The only thing I didn't get to see was her 'bits'. She had asked me at the beginning if I wanted to know the gender and I told her that 'we' didn't (I would be okay with her accidentally letting it slip, but Brian does not want to know). So when she got to that part of the scan she made me cover my eyes. Darn!!

She ended up giving me 15 photos!! At the previous ultrasound we were at a different clinic and they make you pay $10 cash upfront for the photos. We didn't get any good shots of the profile so at this appointment I had asked the tech if she could get me a good picture of Daisy's profile. She was so awesome about it that she actually spent extra time with me trying to make sure she got the perfect photo! Then she ended up giving me 4-5 different profile photos, along with a perfect picture of her hand, her nose and mouth, her foot, and a few other random ones. All for free! I love that ultrasound tech. I wish I had gotten her name.

I don't have a scanner at home so I can't post the ultrasound photos. Trust me when I tell you that Daisy is a perfect little baby right now!

No comments: