Well, we are back from Ontario. It was a fantastic three weeks. We got to see everyone we hoped to see and Lexi got to meet all her family. Both kids got spoiled with Christmas presents and love. It was great.
We are trying to readjust to our 'routine' here. As much of a routine as there can be with a two year old and a 3 month old! I am deep into nap bootcamp with Lexi and Mommy separation with Jackson. Lexi has to figure out how to have naps that last longer than 30 minutes (without being driven around in the car!). Jackson has to figure out that he will not die if he is not with me 24 hours a day. He has his first full morning of daycare tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.
And we are sick. Jackson and I have a cold; snotty noses and hacking coughs. Brian is being bothered by either allergies or a cold, it's hard to tell. Lexi is healthy so far; let's hope it stays that way!
We are also in the process of reorganizing our entire downstairs. We are having a wonderfully cozy recliner sectional being delivered tomorrow and cannot wait! We also built a new entertainment unit this week to replace our mishmash bookcase deal we had working. Then we are hoping to make our guest room into a play room and move the guest bed into my office/sewing/craft room and make that into a sort of all purpose room. Lots of work ahead of us for all of that!
And now for pictures!!
This photo cracks me up. My mom had a little Christmas Cookie Child Sweat Shop happening and I think Jackson had gotten a little fed up with his cousin Paige bossing him around.. umm I mean 'helping' him. You can see the look of 'shut up Paige, I do it me ownself!' clearly on his face!
Ooooo... Little Miss Fancy!! I sent this photo to Brian (since he wasn't in Ontario yet) with a caption of "who's kid is this?". We are so not the fancy dress type of people, lol! But isn't she just so stinking cute in this outfit? And check out those shoes!! A gift from my friend Tania!
Any of you that were at our wedding will totally NOT recognize this girl. That is Kayla. She was our junior bridesmaid! She's all grown up and beautiful now! How the heck did that happen?
Do you know how hard it is to get a good picture of an 8 year old, 5 year old, 2 year old and a baby?? The only person that looks 'normal' in this photo is my mom, lol!
Awww. Our littlest munchkin. And she seriously looks like a munchkin in this photo, lol!
Jackson fully understood the concept of presents and Christmas this year. He had a blast opening all his presents and would immediately bring them to either Brian or I to open them. He wanted to play with each toy as soon as he opened it. Unless it was clothes. Then they got tossed to the side to make room for a new present.
The two kids in their Christmas pjs. I love Christmas pjs...
Jackson was a big help on the plane. Every once in a while he would hold Lexi so that I could reach down to pick up something he had dropped. There was not much room for comfort on the planes! Travelling alone with a 2 year old and a baby is not something I would wish on anyone! But we survived! On a side note, I love love love this outfit of Lexi's and it is now too small. So sad.
Upon landing in Calgary, and then again in Victoria, Jackson needed some distractions since the tv's were turned off. I gave him my camera and he proceeded to take over 50 photos. I kept some of the better ones. This is one of them, lol! You can see how crammed we are in our two seats. That's Lexi's head in my sling. Cozy eh?
Sibling Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment