1. While giving the kids a bath together over the holidays Jackson looked at Lexi, very puzzled. Then turns to me and says "Baby don't have any bits! Why?". He was very concerned about Lexi's lack of bits.
2. I asked Jackson the other day if he was a boy or a girl. He thought about it for a minute and then replied with "no, I'm a duck". LOL!
3. Jackson's favorite descriptive word for food right now is "Delicious". I'm not sure if there is a cuter word for a 2 year old to say.
4. When Jackson sees a picture of himself, or even his reflection, he responds with "That's you!". I'm not sure if he knows he is that child, or if he thinks it's another kid named 'you'. Either way, it is pretty funny (and cute).
5. A question he asks us repeatedly is "what doing?". As in "Mommy, what doing?" but he stresses the 'doing' part of it and raises his voice a couple octaves on it. Really cute (and really irritating after the twelfth time in 2 minutes). We've taken to replying either with "look at me, what does it look like I'm doing?!?" or with something like "Solving world peace, one person at a time". Soon he'll really understand sarcasm.
6. It's funny when a kid starts using phrases that you don't expect a child to say. Then you realize one day that it is because you say them all the time. Some examples of things that are just ridiculously cute coming out of a 2 year old's mouth that we hear on a daily basis are: "sounds good" (when we tell him what our plan for the day is), "how doing?" (as in "how you doin'?" from the tv show Friends), "how's going" (as in "how's it going?"), "good plan!" and "thank very much".
7. He has taken to responding to a question with "Not" (instead of no). I think this is from me saying "Do you want a drink or not?" So logically the answer would be "not" instead of "no".
8. We were teaching him what sounds all the different animals make and got stumped when we got to a picture of a zebra. Do they neigh like a horse? Probably. But we decided it would be much more fun to teach him that a zebra says "hey, I'm a zebra". So now the conversation goes like this:
Me: Jackson, what sound does a cow make?
Jackson: Moo
Me: What sound does a duck make?
Jackson: Quack
Me: What sound does a sheep make?
Jackson: Baa
Me: What sound does a zebra make?
Jackson: Hey zega!
Jackson: Moo
Me: What sound does a duck make?
Jackson: Quack
Me: What sound does a sheep make?
Jackson: Baa
Me: What sound does a zebra make?
Jackson: Hey zega!
9. We recently traded our car in for a minivan. But when I refer to the vehicle I almost always call it a car (force of habit, nothing about me denying being a minivan driver). Apparently Jackson thinks I am a moron for this. So if I say "oh, Jackson your coat is in the car" he will practically roll his eyes and say "not car, Mommy, VAN". Soooorrrry!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment