Brian always jokes that I am an accident constantly happening since I am a tad clumsy. I guess he’s right since at the moment I have bruises on both legs and a cut on my thumb that I actually did to myself with my index finger nail. How in the world I managed that, I’m not sure.
Well, as much as
1. At 10 months old he fell off our bed onto the hardwood floor. Our bed is one of those really high ones that you practically need a ladder to get into. I had turned my back for a second and heard the thud. It was the worst noise I have ever heard! We took him to the walk-in clinic and he was fine.
2. Just over one year old he was running along a cobblestone path and tripped. The sound his forehead made on the rocks still reverberates in my mind. We had to go to a birthday party that afternoon and everyone kept talking about ‘that poor boy with the head injury’. Yeah, it was a good one.
3. Then there was in August of that same year. He tripped at my parent’s condo and did a header into the corner of their couch. He got another good goose egg along with a scratch from that one. We went to
4. I don’t have photos of this one but when I was in the hospital having Benjamin my mom and I took
5. Another one that I don’t have a photo for was yet another head injury that he got on the ferry. This was in January of 2009 and, needless to say, we were on our way to visit family. He was playing in the kids play area and tripped over one of the play structures and fell head first into it. He got a giant goose egg from that one! I went to the chief stewards office to get an ice pack, or even just a bag for some ice. They took one look at it and made me go to the first aid office to fill out an accident report, lol! They were great; checked him over and then gave him a stuffed animal even!
6. This was something unavoidable, but one morning he woke up with hives. They were all over his back but not too bad. By lunch he was covered in them; head to toe. I brought him to yet another walk-in clinic (yes, I know where they all are now!) because I was worried about how fast they were spreading and how much of his body they covered. We still don’t know what caused them. Of course I have a photo of this one!
7. I think this brings us to the present head injury. A few days ago
Really we don’t beat him! He just takes after his mommy. An accident constantly happening. Poor kid, lol!

1 comment:
Cute pics, Casey is like that too. May be more of a boy thing.
Post a Comment